Tuesday, May 22, 2012

If You Really Knew Me

If you really knew me, you’d know that my favorite color is yellow and has been since I was two.

You’d know that I think worms are disgusting creatures, and that when I come across them after the rain, I have to take a long path around them to avoid their grotesqueness.

You’d know that I run. Not because I’m the fastest one out there, but because I feel that if I don’t run, I won’t be able to relieve stress, and if I don’t relieve stress, one day it will swallow me whole.

You’d know that I am still afraid of my storage room, especially at night.

You’d know that one of my biggest fears is not doing enough, because if I don’t do enough, or  if I don’t do my best, then I won’t be able to look back with no regrets.

You’d know that I love chocolate; I think it should be its own special food group

You’d know that for as long as I can remember, being a Knight was all I would ever be.

You’d know that I am indecisive about almost everything

You’d know that I could read a good Christmas book anytime of the year

You’d know that I love the snow; I love crisp, clear winter nights when the moon glistens off the flakes that powder the sidewalk, and the crunch of shoes in the hard ground.

You’d know that I have a love hate relationship with my alarm clock; I enjoy being up, but not the actual waking up part.

You’d know that I can’t watch Charlie in the Chocolate Factory because the whole thing just gives me the creeps

You’d know that I have a name, and sometimes all I want to know is that you know I exist.

You’d know that I miss summer nights, and long bike rides, and daydreams watching the clouds and the care free days of childhood

And sometimes, I still feel like a child at heart, just caged in teenage form and am not allowed to
come out.

If you really knew me, we would be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment