Saturday, April 21, 2012

Disneyland

These last few weeks of school
All I can think of is Disneyland.
Disneyland: the happiest place on earth.
One day I think I might run away.
I think I will go to Disneyland
So that day when I am not in class
That's the day I have disappeared to there
My happy place
Where there are no cares in the world
The worst thing is waiting in line.
When the hardest part of the day is leaving.
If only school was like Disneyland
Shouldn't these last few weeks of high school be enjoyable?
Memorable?
Unforgettable?
I think yes.
No more tests.
No more late nights of procrastination
Procrastination is such a bad thing.
The problem is the intentions are normally good
I don't wait to do my homework because I want to.
I just always find something more interesting to spend my time on
So here I sit staring at the teacher
As they try to explain some new confusing concept
And all I can think about is Disneyland
I think about the carefreeness of childhood
I think of the fact that that part of my life is coming to an end
Soon I will enter into adulthood
Bills to be paid
Jobs to be made
And life to be lived
When asked where do you want to be in five years
The answer is no longer certain
No longer well I will be in high school
I might be at a different college
The answer is unknown,
My future is whatever I choose to make it
But what do I want?
The teacher is explaining the new concept,
My mind is whirling and I still don’t get it
And I don’t know how my life will work out
Disneyland is only a day away
And the rest of my life is starting right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment