Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring

The blossoms are just coming out of the groundThe rain is lightly drizzling
The slight breeze is blowing the wind chimes
The sound combines making a plinking and a patter on my window pane
The thunder cracks through the sky followed by the lightning in the distance
Here I sit.
Waiting
Watching
Wondering
The world is growing up right before my eyes
If I sit here long enough I might see the grass grow
But then what would I be doing
Still sitting
Not growing
The world would be moving on without me
Leaving me in the dust
I yell for it to wait for me
Begging for time
Wait just a minute longer I need some time to catch up
When I open my mouth nothing comes out
I'm not given the chance for my plea to be heard
So I take off after it
Running as fast as my legs will carry me
Hoping that I can catch up
Time continues
The world moves on but I need a break
A chance to breathe
But the world won't stop
Time won't stop
Try as I might, I can't grasp the reality
Summer will come eventually
It's not going to wait for me to be ready
Ready or not here it comes
But I just want to preserve this moment
Sitting watching the world grow
The drizzle has turned into a downpour now
The thunder shakes
The lightning flashes, casting shadows around my room
The blossoms get their rain
Nourishment to keep growing
And here I sit
Waiting
Watching
Wondering
Praying

No comments:

Post a Comment