Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm Not Thinking About You

I’m not thinking about you like butter thinks about toast,
              Like nerds think about books
Like Turkeys dread Thanksgiving
              Like deer think about hunting season
Like addition thinks about subtraction, and division thinks about multiplication,

I’m not thinking about you like I think about school
Like Lone Peak thinks about AF,   
Or BYU thinks about U of U
Like seniors’ think about college applications   
And deciding where to go next year

I’m not thinking about you like taking notes in class
         Like procrastinating math homework
Or staying up late and writing an essay
          Like adults think about taxes
And little kids think about the dark, (big kids sometimes do too)

Okay so I might think about you like clouds form shapes
Like students think about summer   
Like kites think about flying
Like slides think about slipping,    
Like games think about playing.

I might think about you like Halloween thinks about candy
     Like Valentines think about hearts,
Like Christmas thinks about presents and Santa
    Like girls think about shopping
Like guys think about big masculine trucks

I might think about you like the first day of school
Like I think about the first new outfit   
Like a brand new notebook thinks about being written on
And learning many wonderful things      
Like a pen thinks of telling it’s story

I DO think about you like girls think about princess
        Like princesses think about finding their prince             
Like girls think about and plan their weddings
        Like the maid thinks about her fairy god mother            
And the pumpkin carriage and glass slipper

I DO think about you like a fire thinks about burning
Like a heart thinks about beating         
Like a flower thinks about blooming
Like birds think of singing           
Like artists think about painting

I DO think about you like seasons think of changing
Like snow thinks of piling up high
Like the sun thinks about shining
Like rain thinks about falling,

Because the truth is,
 I think I am falling in love with you.

2 comments:

  1. Great job!! I like how it starts out like your not thinking about them negatively and that you're falling in love with them!

    I stole 'like Lone Peak thinks about AF' and 'Because the truth is, I think I am falling in love with you'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the way you switched the margins and size it really adds an awesome effect.

    ReplyDelete