Monday, March 26, 2012

Taking Chances: My Ode to Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both. . .
 
There I stand.
Which road do I take next?
The one which has been there forever?
Or that once in a lifetime opportunity?
I hate not knowing what the future holds
All these options being thrown at us now
The world is telling us to decided the next step
That step leads us to the rest of our future.
So many doubts run through my mind
What if it’s wrong? What if it’s right?
What if it’s too hard? What if I fail?
There is one thing I know for certain in life,
It’s my secret weakness that I think I can share,
I hate that word,
FAILURE
It’s so vulgar, so depressing, so upsetting
I think maybe that is my real fear here
That fear that what if I choose the road that leads me to failure
Then what?
I have no option then,
It’s not like I can go back and start over
So that’s it, isn’t admitting you have a problem the first step to recovery?
Well I have taken that first step, but now what?
I guess there isn’t really a second,
I just have to choose
I am doing no good to myself sitting on the fence and watching the world rush by without me
So I’ve made up my mind
I have my decision,
I’m not going to waste my time anymore on worries
I’m going to work on making that choice the better one
I’m not giving up on myself
That word, failure, yeah it’s not going to be a part of it
There is no room for failure
Only room for taking chances and learning from mistakes
Mistakes are not failures if you fix them the next time around.
Here I go,
Working my hardest to be my best.

. . . I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment